(866) 500-4848
24 hours 7 days a week

Sex Discrimination Attorneys in Los Angeles

Call Today for a Free Consultation

Sex discrimination is a violation of your civil right. Sex discrimination does not only refer to sexual harassment. It is also committed by employers who deny employment, withhold job position or advancement or mistreat employees just because of their employees’ gender. If you have been discriminated against by your employer because of your gender, you can definitely claim damages against your employer to include lost wages, lost benefits and even compensation for your pain and suffering.

sexual discrimination

Another form of sex discrimination aside from gender is sexual orientation discrimination, which If you are being discriminated against or treated unfairly in the workplace because of your sexual orientation then you also have a claim for damages against your employer. However, in filing a sex discrimination case against your employer, you will be faced with the difficult task of obtaining documentary evidence to show that you have been treated poorly on the account of your sex or gender. You also will need to secure witness statements from your co-workers to show your competence in your work and to prove overt and subtle acts of discrimination or sexual harassment against you to show that you have been singled out because of your sex or gender. As you can see, these tasks are better left to the legal professionals who are experienced in dealing with employment and labor law problems.

As a victim of sex discrimination in Los Angeles, you should not rely on just any legal representation around. MELG Law Firm's top Los Angeles Sex Discrimination lawyers have excellent grasp of sex discrimination laws in California who have so much so that we have already obtained hundreds of millions in awards to our clients’ great satisfaction. We can provide you with the top compensation you deserve, including your reinstatement, back pay, front pay, promotion, emotional distress, attorneys' fees and even punitive damages.

Call Us Now at (866) 500-4848 and we’ll make your employment case our priority.

employment law

What To Do in Case of Work Place Sex Discrimination in California?

Sex discrimination at work occurs when you are treated differently or unfairly due to your sex or gender. There are different biases against gender. Some employers might think that female employees are better than male employees because they are more focused. Others, on the other hand, may think that male employees are better because they have less drama in their lives compared to women.

If the employer acts on his biases at work and gives preferential treatment to a certain gender at work, then that employer is guilty of gender discrimination or sex discrimination.

  • Laws Protecting Employees Against Gender Discrimination

    For employers employing 15 or more employees, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the employer may not terminate, demote, deprive salary, benefits or any other employment privileges, or deduct salary or wages to an employee, or deny an applicant a job, because of an employee’s gender. In California, if you are employed in a business with five or more employees, California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) provides that your employer cannot use gender discrimination to affect any aspect of your employment relationship, whether in hiring, firing, providing bonuses or even work assignments.

    If you are a victim of sex or gender discrimination at work, you should keep in mind to do the following:

    • • Obtain evidence to support your claims
    • • File a grievance or complaint with your Human Resources Department; and
    • • Contact your trusted employment and labor law attorneys for guidance.

    There are law firms like MELG Law Firm which accepts cases on contingency basis. Don’t worry about legal fees and call on your experienced employment attorneys in Los Angeles right away so your employment is protected while you claim the best compensation you deserve.

  • Where to File Claims for Sex Discrimination at Work?

    As a victim of gender discrimination, you can file a claim for damages with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). You can even file a case against your employer with the regular courts.

    However, in any of the foregoing jurisdictions, the process can be very complex. Add to this the fact that you are going against your employer, who has the resources to protect his interests, regardless of how wrong it may be.

    This is why you should never try to claim your damages against your employer on your own.