(866) 500-4848
24 hours 7 days a week

EEOC Discrimination Attorneys in Los Angeles

Call Today for a Free Consultation

If you are a victim of workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation and other discriminatory or inhumane acts at work, there are federal and state laws that protect you from violations of your human rights in the workplace. Under California Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), if you are a federal, state, municipal or agency employee, EEOC will provide the venue for you to file for redress of your grievances. However, as an alleged victim of discrimination, sexual harassment and employment retaliation in the government, you should know that the law mandates that you exhaust all administrative remedies first before you are allowed to request for a hearing with the federal EEOC. While ideally, you may think the laws regarding employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation are fairly straightforward, the administrative process in obtaining compensation is never simple.


If you feel that your employment rights have been violated at some point in time, you need to seek legal advice in claiming damages for equal employment opportunity violations. There is a strict time limit in which you are allowed to file your complaint for discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Federal employees actually have as little as 45 days to initiate EEO proceedings by requesting EEO counseling from an agency EEO counselor. Although government employees are provided with the additional rights and protection by law against harassment, discrimination and retaliation, these additional rights come with a price, which is the strict adherence to laws and procedures in starting the claims process, the evidence required to prove fault and the types and amounts of claims a government employee needs to prove in order to obtain compensation.

Hence, if you want to obtain the maximum compensation you deserve for all your damages, pain and suffering and other losses as a result of the violation of your employment rights, you need to seek legal assistance from MELG Law Firm’s very experienced Los Angeles EEOC lawyers.

Call Us Now at (866) 500-4848 so we can thoroughly research all the laws pertinent to your case, as well as compile and present the necessary evidence to prove your allegations and justify your claims for the maximum compensation for your damages.

employment law

How to File Employment Discrimination Claims with the EEOC?

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) helps government employees in the U.S. in obtaining justice against harassment, discrimination or retaliation in the work place. If you are a government employee, and you have been discriminated against by your superior in a government setting, you have the right to file a complaint with the EEOC.

  • Timeline in Seeking Grievance

    For general discrimination charge in the workplace the timeline or prescriptive period depends on where the discriminatory act took place.

    • a. The 180 calendar day filing deadline is for federally mandated claims for employment discrimination.
    • b. The prescriptive period is extended to 300 calendar days if a state or local agency enforces a state or local law that prohibits employment discrimination on the same basis.
    • c. For age discrimination, the filing deadline is only extended to 300 days if there is a state law prohibiting age discrimination in employment and a state agency or authority enforcing that law.

    You should be aware that filing a complaint with the EEOC is time regulated. Aside from this, there are technical rules and procedures to follow that even ordinary or unseasoned lawyers may not be competent to handle. Hence, to make sure that your complaints see the light of day or coursed through the correct agency and process, you need to seek help only from the best EEOC discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles such as those working with MELG Law Firm, that has serviced thousands of employees who were made victims of different types of work place discrimination. Don’t settle for anything less, claim the best compensation you deserve through the help of your trusted employment and labor lawyers.

  • How to File Your Discrimination Claims?

    There are four ways wherein you can start your actual work place discrimination claims with the EEOC.

    • a. Online Assessment System – Although the EEOC does not accept charges online, you can file your claims online for assessment purposes to determine whether your claims for under the jurisdiction of the EEOC.
    • b. Filing in Person – You can call to set up an appointment or walk-in in the many branch offices of the EEOC to file your claims.
    • c. By Telephone – as with online assessment, although you are not allowed to file your formal complaint through phone, you can get the process started by calling 1-800-669-4000 to submit basic information about your possible charge against your employer.
    • d. By Mail – You can also file a claim or charge of discrimination through mail by sending in your basic information as well as your alleged charge with scanned copies of your documents to make sure that your claims will be evaluated by the EEOC.

    As you can imagine it is difficult to file claims with the EEOC with its many complex procedural processes in claiming your damages against discrimination by your employer. Hence, it would be wise to seek the help of a legal counsel for guidance.